January 10, 2017 | Stories
To partner with the Tarrant NET staff to implement the Read 2 Win literacy campaign that will eradicate illiteracy among elementary school first grade children in the FWISD. The role requires someone with a passion for children’s literacy education and understands both the education and church environment.
Become your 1st grade students’ personal reading coach for 1 school year.
Increase students’ ability to recognize sight words, understand story, and read at 1st grade level or above.
Campus Coach & 1st Grade Teacher
- Attend a Read2Win training session prior to first visit with your child.
- Become familiar with the check-in procedure and times the school wants you to come by talking to your Read2Win Campus Coach who should have that information.
- Be faithful in coaching with your child every single week. Dependability is a trait your child is seeking and your caring faithful visit is extremely important to a child who perhaps has not seen an adult be so dependable.
- Be natural and simply let the love of God flow through. You could be the only person to ever give that child one to one time for 30 minutes.
- Spend the first visit just getting to know personal things like birthdays, favorite candy, drinks, sports, activities….whatever you would like to know and just to break the ice showing you really care about the child as a person.
- Although there is a set plan to follow for each 30 minute session do not feel you cannot make spontaneous comments when appropriate. The goal is to get the child up to speed with his/her peers in reading.
- Do not hesitate to bring to the attention of your Read2Win Campus Coach any ideas for improvements and/or successes or problems you may be having.
- If you feel it necessary, do not hesitate to speak with your child’s first grade teacher for any emphasis they may suggest or for any problems you may be having.
- Privately pray for your child and get a church member to also pray for you and your children.