January 10, 2017 | Stories
To partner with the Tarrant NET staff to implement the Read 2 Win literacy campaign that will eradicate illiteracy among elementary school children in the FWISD. The role requires someone with a passion for children’s literacy, education and understands both the education and church environment, it also requires the ability to establish a clear and organized course of action.
Identify Volunteer Reading Coach: Student match at adopted school
Ensure every student has a VRC
Volunteer Reading Coaches (Mentors)
FWISD Adopt A School Liaison
- Work with the Tarrant NET staff to implement the Read2Win campaign.
- Work with FWISD Liaison to establish VRC: Student R2W schedule for each student
- Attend Continuous Improvement Training “Best Practices” as scheduled by Tarrant NET
- Ensure that VRC has proper materials to fulfill roll/responsibility with students
- Be a liaison between R2W Campus and TN to communicate/document any challenges or successes
- Familiarize VRC with check in procedures at particular R2W Campus
- Familiarize VRC with location where coaching will take place
- Identify level library location and procedure of use
- Attend “Best Practices” training as scheduled to ensure quality and proficiency of R2W Initiative
- 1 hour weekly to collect progress of students and communicate it to Tarrant NET staff